Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
If you’ve never been a “less is more” kind of dresser, this top might be for you. I’m firmly in the “more is more” camp and rarely encounter a ruffle, flouncy sleeve, or embellishment that I don’t like.
I worked in a firm that had a business formal wardrobe until well into the 2010s, and one of my favorite tricks for sneaking in a little personal style was to add some texture, whether it was through ruffles, pindots, or draping.
This top from Mille would pair nicely with a skirt suit if you’re looking to add a little fun to a formal look.
The top is $178 at Mille and comes in sizes XXS–XL.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Psst: Hunting in general for blouses with interesting prints or textures? Some of the reader favorite brands over the years include L’Agence, L’Amour Vert, Equipment, and Tucker NYC. On the more affordable side, check out NYDJ, Halogen, Loft, and Kut from the Kloth.
Workwear sales of note for 11.8.22: (our favorites in bold)
- Nordstrom – Holiday sale, up to 60% off!
- J.Crew – 40% off your purchase
- Ann Taylor – Sale styles 30% off plus an additional 20% off; 30% off full-price pants & skirts
- Banana Republic Factory – Holiday Preview Event: 50% off everything; extra 15% off purchase
- Eddie Bauer – Veterans Day Weekend Sale: 40% off (The reader favorite raincoat is down to $89; it’s available in regular, petite, plus, and tall sizes!)
- Elie Tahari – Election Day Sale: Extra 25% off
- J.Crew Factory – 50% off holiday outfits; extra 60% off clearance; $10 off every $50 you spend
- Loft – All outerwear now $99; up to 50% off tops & sweaters
- M.M. LaFleur – Save up to 80%
- Neiman Marcus – $30 off $150; $100 off $400, and so on
- Talbots – 30% off all tops & outerwear
Other Sales of Note: