Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
Most of the most-worn items in my wardrobe are desperately boring, but completely necessary. No one is going to get excited about a basic, black pencil skirt, but gosh, isn’t it reassuring to know that you’ve got a good one stashed in the closet somewhere?
This pull-on ponte skirt from T Tahari would be fantastic for someone putting together a work wardrobe on a budget. Add a pair of black trousers, a few blouses, and a blazer and you’ll be ready to go.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Hunting for more basic pencil skirts? These are our Hall of Famers:
Workwear sales of note for 3.10.23:
- Nordstrom – Cardmembers earn 3x the points (ends 3/12)
- Ann Taylor – 40% off sale; additional 30% select sale styles
- Athleta – Sale up to 70% off
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 50% off everything plus extra 20% off purchase
- Boden – Final sale, up to 60% off
- Dermstore – 20% off “most coveted brands” like Elta MD, La Roche-Posay, Paula’s Choice, bareMinerals, Dr, Brandt Dr. Dennis Gross, ILIA, Lancer, Living Proof, Peter Thomas Roth, and more!
- Express – Extra 40% off for up to 60% off clearance
- J.Crew – Up to 50% off spring styles; extra 25% off sale styles with code
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off everything; 50% off Vacation Shop
- NET-A-PORTER – 25% off $750; 20% off $500
- Sephora – Up to 50% off select beauty
- Talbots – 25% off your entire purchase
- Target – 20% off on lots of haircare, select skin care, and swim (ends 3/11)