Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
I’m not ashamed to admit that I occasionally dip a toe into the reality TV world. This summer, I’m super into The Real Housewives of New York, featuring former J.Crew head honcho Jenna Lyons. In the first episode, she invites the other ladies over for a casual hang with a dress code: “black, metallic, gold or khaki” only.
I guess what I’m saying is that a classic camel turtleneck, like this silk-blend version from Ralph Lauren, is a fantastic wardrobe basic to have on hand, not only because it looks gorgeous with a wide variety of other basics, but because you never know when an oddly specific dress code might present itself, and a girl has to be prepared.
The sweater is $125 and comes in plus sizes 1X–3X, straight sizes XXS–XXL, and petite sizes XSP–LP.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 8.7.23:
- Nordstrom – The NAS has ended, but there are still 2,100+ new markdowns!
- Ann Taylor – 30% off full-price purchase; extra 60% off all sale styles
- Athleta – Sale styles up to 60% off
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 50% off everything; extra 50% off clearance
- J.Crew – Extra 60% off all sale styles
- J.Crew Factory – 50% off everything; extra 15% off $100+; extra 60% off clearance
- Lo & Sons – Up to 50% off summer travel essentials (through 9/11)
- Loft – 30% off tops; $49 jeans & pants; up to 60% off sale styles
- M.M.LaFleur – The Summer Sale: 30-50% off
- Nordstrom Rack – New markdowns, up to 70% off sale!
- Reiss – Up to 60% off sale
- Shopbop – 4,500 items new to sale
- Summersalt – Warehouse event, 25% off sitewide!
- Talbots – 25% off your entire purchase, including August arrivals & Red Door Sale; extra 50% off markdowns