This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
If you’re looking to try out the wide-leg pants trend, this pair from By Design is a great way to give it a shot without breaking the bank. I like the front seams, which give a slightly elongating feel (especially good for the short-legged among us).
They come in black, sand, and navy, perfect for all your neutral needs.
The pants are $39.97 at Nordstrom Rack and come in sizes 0–14.
These similar By Design pants are available in plus sizes (0X–3X) and are $44.97 at Nordstrom Rack.
Hunting for more wide-leg pants to wear to work? We just rounded some up — general favorites include pleated pairs like Favorite Daughter, Everlane*, Reformation*, and Abercrombie*, with flat-front pairs from Good American,* M.M.LaFleur, and Ann Taylor. (* = plus sizes; see the post for notes on petites and talls). Latest favorites include these (as of Sept. 2023):
Workwear sales of note for 10.18.23:
- Nordstrom – Earn 5x the points on beauty!
- Ann Taylor – Extra 40% off all sale styles plus additional 20% off; 40% off select full-price styles (all through 10/20)
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – 40% off everything plus extra 25% off purchase; no code needed
- J.Crew – 30% off your purchase; up to extra 50% off sale styles
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off everything; extra 50% off clearance; extra 20% off orders $100+; extra 25% off orders $125+; extra 30% off orders $200+
- Loft – Mid-Season Sale: 50% off select fall styles; extra 50% off sale styles; 30% off almost everything else
- Lo & Sons: Fall Sale: Up to 30% off
- Madewell – Extra 40% off all sale and 25% off sweaters & tops (through 10/24)
- Talbots – Friends & Family Event: 30% off entire purchase, including markdowns (through 10/22)